Hi, I don't know about you guys,but whenever it's a cold windy day I start to crave cinnamon buns. My favorite thing about cinnamon buns is that they are sweet and delicious and you can have them for breakfast or as a snack. Here's the recipe! Makes about three dozen.
5 1/2-6 1/2 cups flour oven
1/2 cup sugar stand mixer
1 1/4 tsp salt rolling pin
2 packages yeast-quick rise glass measuring cup
2 cups milk measuring spoons
2/3 cup butter large bowl
3 eggs-room temperature plastic wrap
3/4 cup melted butter instant read thermometer
1 1/2 cup brown sugar cookie-sheet
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1. In bowl of stand mixer combine two cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
2. In glass measuring cup heat milk and butter in microwave to 130 degrees.
3. Turn mixer on low and add warm liquids into flour mixture.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time scraping the sides of the bowl once in a while.
5. Continue adding enough flour ( approximately 4 1/2-5 1/2 cups flour)to make a soft dough.
6. Turn out onto lightly floured board, knead until smooth and elastic about 8-10 minutes.
7. Place in greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let rest 15 minutes or so .
8. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces.
9. Roll first dough piece into a 10 X 12 rectangle .
10. For topping, combine brown sugar and cinnamon .
11. Brush first rectangle with 1/4 cup melted butter and sprinkle approximately with 1/2 cup topping.
12. Starting at long edge roll the dough into a log shape and pinch edges to seal.
13. Cut dough log into 1 inch wide slices.
14. Lay flat on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
15. Repeat from step 9 with the two remaining balls of dough.
16. Cover cinnamon buns with plastic wrap and let them sit until doubled in size.
18. Bake each pan for 15-20 depending on your oven.
19. When cinnamon bun are done backing, drizzle with your favourite icing
20. Finally serve with a cold glass of milk and enjoy!
Okay I admit maybe this is not the easiest recipe out there but it sure tastes good.It is also a great dish for company. Either way cinnamon buns are great to make and I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do.
|The baking supervisor|